Thursday, September 19, 2013

Frugal Fridays 5 (a day early)

We have quite the busy weekend planned so I am posting a day early.

Here is what we have been doing to save money/spend money wisely/work to creatively make money this week:

- We enjoyed Saturday at Conner Prairie and were happy to find a 10% off coupon on the back of our map for one of their little shops. We saved $1.40 at the Apple Store.

- Mark and Annabeth enjoyed Dairy Queen Blizzards thanks to a "Buy One, Get One for $.99" deal. Saved: $2.70

- I redeemed 100 points on my Sephora rewards card for a FREE lip gloss. Saved: $14.00

- I had a free gift in my e-mail from Shutterfly. Annabeth and I made a surprise for as someones Christmas gift. Saved: $9.00

- We shopped at Once Upon A Child, yes again!, and found a leotard in the next size up, a fleece, a new tutu, and a shirt for this fall all for $15.00. The leotard alone would have cost about that much new!

- Mark's mom brought Annabeth two little hand-me-down jackets. One will fit this fall and one is a 4T so we'll save it for a while! They are so cute!

- My mama called and said that she had been out driving and saw a FREE sign on some outdoors toys for Annabeth. She went home, got Dad, and they took the truck out to collect a playhouse, table and chairs, and picnic table for completely FREE! Awesome!

- I finished tagging everything for the Here We Grow Again - Indy South Sale.

- I stopped by CJ's Consignments here in town to see about how I can consign adult clothing there. I got lots of good information and plan on getting some things ready to take there next week.

*In the interest of being completely honest, I did splurge on something this week. I was at Wal-Mart to get toiletries and to restock some pantry items and ended up bringing home new little moccasin boots for Annabeth! I wasn't even supposed to be looking in that section! Extra Spent: $13.97*

Saved               27.10
 - Splurge         - 13.97
Total Saved =   $13.13!!

I guess you can look at my Splurge two ways:
1. It happened. I should have saved all of that money BUT at least I had saved it elsewhere this week.
2. Little girl things are too cute to resist even for Frugal Mamas!

What have you been doing to save money this week? What did you splurge on/resist splurging on?

Happy Savings to All!!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: