Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/creatively made money this week:
- We enjoyed five FREE tomatoes thanks to a gift from our neighbor. Yum! BLTs!
- We also enjoyed a free bag of apples after our trip to the orchard. We used up the apples and lots of eggs by making Apple Cinnamon Bread and Crockpot Apple Butter. Read about that here and here.
- I had a free Shutterfly photobook come in my e-mail so I hurried to finish a Christmas gift. We did have to pay shipping but saved $23.99 on the book.
- We made hotel reservations for our vacation using a 20% off coupon. We saved $45!
- I redeemed some Kellogg's points for a Buy One, Get One Free admittance to Conner Prairie for tomorrow. We will save $15!
- I shopped with a friend at Once Upon a Child and was able to get Annabeth's snowboots for this winter. We had some hand-me-down boots but they are - sadly! - too small already! However, I found a nice, barely worn pair for $4.50. This particular pair retails on Wal-Mart's website for $16.96. Saved: $12.46
- I cut and colored my hair at home. At the salon, at least my salon, this would have cost $90 with the tip. I spent, after a sale + coupons on hair color, $3.92. Saved: $86.08
- I sold some home decor that worked at the old house but not here on a Facebook garage sale site and made $10!
- Just this morning, Mark came home between his part time and his full time job and brought a full bag of hand-me-downs for Annabeth. They are mostly 3T and 4T so we have a great start on those sizes now!
Total Extra Made: $10
Total Saved: $182.53
What have you been doing to save money? How do you make money outside of regular employment?
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference!"