Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- We saved 15% on our grocery bill. Best deal: Special K Cereal Bars on sale for 2/$5.00. We had a mailed coupon for $1.50 off two boxes AND one of the boxes had an attached $1.00 off coupon. We were able to get one totally FREE!
- At our old house Annabeth had a very small room so we purchased a cheapie plastic three drawer dresser for her closet to store folded clothing. When we moved to the new house, I had visions of restoring an old piece of furniture. I wanted it to be white with pink pulls. We have spent months searching consignment stores, Goodwill, and garage sales and everything was either in very poor condition or far too expensive. Last weekend Mark and I had a date day and went antiquing. I turned a corner and there "it!" was! We did not want the bookshelf on the top so Mark was able to save us $25! We love buying used and local!
Annabeth's beautiful new dresser! We loved the claw-feet at the bottom!
- Every week I check Craigslist and our county's Garage Sale Facebook page for people searching for certain items. This week a lady was looking for a girl's crib set. We had already been discussing selling Annabeth's crib bumpers, dust ruffle, and mobile so I sold it to her. Made: $15
- Our sweet friends the Tames Family asked if we would like one of their train tables. We happily said "Yes!" because Annabeth has really enjoyed playing with train tables everywhere we have seen them. Thursday evening Brandi, Nat, and Wesley brought over the amazing table and a train! Free fun! Thank you Tames Family!
Our new train table. Feel free to come play with us! :)
Annabeth had to rush in from dance class to get back to her train.
She absolutely loves it.
- In anticipation of getting the new train table, we took Annabeth to Target to get her first train. We had seen some neat magnetic-wooden ones on the website, however, I missed the note that said "Online Only." In the store, the only little trains were battery powered. So, Mark and Annabeth picked out a larger train made by Lego that she got to build. She had a lot of fun and thanks to a $20 giftcard FREE!
What a blessed week we have had!
Do you pass along old toys? Where do you sell toys your kids have outgrown?
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"