Friday, July 11, 2014

Frugal Friday 47

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I made a bit of extra money selling a purse on our Facebook garage sale site. It was a small purse that had been an impulse buy that I then rarely carried. Made: $20

- A retired teacher friend loaned me some toddler/early grade school aged science books for the summer. I made copies from them at the library using a coupon from summer reading. Saved: $1.60

- Mark took an online survey using a package code and earned $20.

- After church on Sunday, we headed to Southeastway Park to meet up with Nana and PawPaw. We all enjoyed a picnic, playing on the playground, and a long nature hike.

- I donated my bag of cloth scraps to our church's VBS - they were in need of them to make a project. Mark was SO happy to see them go! I have been moving this trash bag of scraps around for 5.5 years now.

- We paid our car insurance on the new car in full. Saved: $106.31

- I cut Annabeth's hair at home. Saved: $12.50

- I sold some landscape pavers on Facebook. Made: $5

Playing on our pavers  

Cool Kid Nanners.
She loves hats - just like her Aunt Lu did as a little girl! :) 

- We took a loaf of homemade Italian bread to a family spaghetti dinner. Mark's family sent us home with a loaf of homemade chocolate, banana bread. A great trade!

- I passed along two wet bags and laundry detergent to a friend with a new baby who is cloth diapering! Go green everyone! :)

Total Saved: $120.41
Extra Made: $45

What a great, frugal week we've had and we hope you have too!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

Check out our other posts from this week:
Happy 4th of July
Lunch Date with my Best Friend
A $5 Cup of Lemonade

No comments: