Friday, October 3, 2014

Frugal Friday 59

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:

- I finished tagging 120 items for the consignment sale. We turned items in on Monday evening and will know our final earnings tomorrow when the sale concludes.

- I helped a friend tag about 30 BIG items for the sale. She hopefully will be able to make quite a bit of money from selling her girls' baby equipment.

- Instead of paying to rent movies, we borrowed three from the library. Good thing we did not pay for them because our weekend was so busy we did not watch any of them!

- We volunteered at our church fish fry. Annabeth and I worked Friday afternoon and the whole family helped with tear down on Saturday night.

- This weekend Shutterfly offered a free set (24) of address labels. Saved: $9.99

- I colored my hair at home for just $2.99.

- We ate at home all week - with the exception of Sunday lunch at a church potluck.

- Since Annabeth is taking two classes each week at our dance school, I caved and signed up to do the fall fundraiser. She will earn back 30% of our sales and the school will earn some as well. Annabeth has already sold enough to earn nearly a month of one class for free. Thank you to our generous friends and family - this is a HUGE blessing!

Little Bit at gymnastics class

- Annabeth and I made homemade cupcakes for Luke's birthday party instead of buying them at a local bakery where they are $4/cupcake. We made 20 for around $6!

Maple Bacon Cupcakes 

- I preshopped the consignment sale on Wednesday evening. I spent $44 on 11 items. Annabeth was allowed to select one toy and she picked a very nice princess cash register - a toy I had been hoping to get for her this fall anyway. I also got 10 clothing items: 1 pair of gymnastics shorts, 2 leotards in the next size up, a Mickey t-shirt, a princess long-sleeve shirt, a plain long sleeve shirt for layering, pink Colts sweatshirt, and three dresses. I came in under budget and stuck to my list so I was very glad.

- We grocery shopped for Annabeth's birthday party this weekend. By planning ahead a meal at our house I spent only $40.16 on all the food and drinks for dinner as well as the one decoration I purchased. With careful planning we were able to spend money where we really wanted to - on her cake, her gifts, and party favors for the kids.

What have you been saving money on? Do you take a list to consignment sales or garage sales?

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"



No comments: