Friday, October 24, 2014

Frugal Friday 62

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:

- I clipped coupons and sent some in the mail with letters and thank-you cards. I always try to send diaper, formula, and wipe coupons out to the friends who can use them as those items are so expensive.

- I cashed in Pampers Rewards points and ordered Annabeth's birthday book for FREE! Saved: $29.99

- We had Saturday dinner at Mark's parents. They sent us home with a bag of red potatoes. I used them to make Crockpot Mashed Potatoes for the first time. Yum! Thanks to our friend Anna at Life Through Green Eyes for the recipe pin on pinterest.

- We were in need of art supplies for a Homeschool Group Art Day that we are hosting tomorrow. I stopped at the Greenwood Kmart last weekend because they are closing soon. I was able to get all of the supplies I needed for 20% off! I was SO excited because I couldn't find any coupons for what I needed so a sale was a good thing! Saved: $9.90!

- We did grocery shopping for our weekend gathering and for some restock supplies. Saved 20% on our bill with coupons. I still dream of being able to save 80%+ or even 100% with coupons. Someday...

- Annabeth and enjoyed our lunches at home and used up the week's leftovers.

- I sold a wall hanging we no longer are using on a Facebook garage sale page. Made: $7

We have all been a bit under the weather this week with allergies and the penny incident so we have just enjoyed a quiet week at home.

Hope all are healthy and happy at your houses!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you tried out the mashed potato recipe. That is one that next on my list. Again ... I loved your peach pie recipe! Got to love cooking! Have a fantastic weekend!

Amy and Mark said...

The Mashed Potatoes were really easy and pretty good. Mark does not care for sour cream so I had to make them without. They were kind of chunky...I think next time I will try to sneak some in to make them more creamy. Happy cooking! Can't wait to see what you make next!