Friday, October 31, 2014

Frugal Friday 63

Happy Halloween Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:

- We hosted our Homeschool Group for a craft day on Saturday. Originally, I had wanted to make cute foods but it was digging into my craft budget. So, I switched gears and just served sandwiches, goldfish crackers, and desserts. Another family brought fruit to serve. Because I saved on the food, we were able to provide each family with a canvas to paint to hang in their home.

Annabeth chose to make purple and yellow hand prints for her tree.
This is not what I had envisioned but she loves it.
I am learning to let go of "perfect" projects...

- A family canceled late in the week, so I had an extra canvas. I made a painting for our dining room based off something I had seen on Etsy that was too expensive to purchase. Saved: $35.00


- Monday, we hosted our Homeschool Group for a fall party. Again, I went with more simple foods and just added some inexpensive Halloween foods - Bugle chips (purchased with a coupon) as "witch fingernails" and jello jigglers cut into Halloween shapes.

- As part of our fall party, we did a pumpkin hunt and painting. I purchased the pumpkins at our church and all of the proceeds went to fund missions to Guatemala next year.

- I took Annabeth to the library for a free Halloween Party and Trick or Treat Event.

Annabeth as Sofia the First.
Costume from Auntie Rose and glowing tiara from Daddy. 

- I went to the mall and used $10 Old Navy cash. I was able to save $25 total on 4 shirts.

- Annabeth painted beautiful cards for the Stair family. We will take the cards to them after their new baby Harper is born next week. We love to make our own cards and we save lots of money by not buying overpriced store cards.

- Shutterfly is offering 101 free prints through Saturday. I ordered Easter - 4th of July prints. Saved: $15.15

- Annabeth enjoyed a free Science Space Lab at our library this week. It was a fun science class geared towards 3-5 year olds.

Total Saved: $75.15

We had so much fun this Halloween week and hope you did too!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

2 comments:

Amy and Mark said...

**I thought we were ahead of the game making cards on the 29th for Miss Harper due the 5th. Well, we were just in time, she made an early, healthy arrival on the 30th. Congrats Stair Family!

Abbi said...

We just had an art homeschool day today. It was fun. It looks like yours was fun too.