Thursday, October 16, 2014

Halloween Potluck

Friends of ours invited us over for a Potluck Halloween Party.

I got on Pinterest weeks ago to see what fun food ideas where out there. I was shocked to find so many really gross looking foods! Some looked so lifelike (bloody and such) that I did not think they even looked appetizing - especially not for children! So, I went went some gussied up grocery finds. They were basic but cute, simple, and went over well.

First I made little turkey sandwiches. I used cookie cutters to make some pumpkin shaped and some bat shaped. It also helped tell the difference between the condiments on each one.


I also saw a cute idea for little mandarin orange cups with jack-o-lantern faces drawn on them. I thought it was such a simple idea and yet really fun. I also wanted to make sure that if the kids didn't finish everything we would be able to use the rest of them up. Since they are individual packs I can just open them as we need them.


Annabeth and I dressed up as Mickey and Minnie for this party. She received her costume from her Nana and PawPaw for her birthday. I found my sweater on sale and then modified some Minnie ears we found at Walmart to make them work for Mickey. I had fun dressing up too!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination knows no age,
and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney 

Happy (almost) Halloween!

No comments: