Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Boy Mama

Many warned me, none I believed, about being a Boy Mama.

I thought before Mr. O was born "I love Annabeth so much. I will never, could never, love someone the way I love her. We are best friends. She reads my mind, I read hers. She is my everything."

Then Mr. O came. The boy mamas were right. There is something about the way a Mama loves her son. It is totally different than the way I love my daughter. It is an equal love, an amazing love, but a totally unique love.

"You'll be... 
his first friend,
his first kiss,
and his first love.
You are his Mama 
and
he is your little boy."
"I'll love you forever.
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
my baby you'll be."
- Robert Munsch
 "There never has been, nor will there ever be,
anything quite as special as the love between a mother and son."
 "And she loved a little boy 
very much
even more than she loved herself."
e.e. cummings



No comments: