Friday, October 2, 2015

Frugal Friday 111

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Annabeth and I melted old broken crayons into cute, circle, tie-dye crayons. We will use them as part of the party favors for her birthday party this weekend. Check back next week for a full party decoration and favor post! :)

- Saturday we had a Family Day. We watched "The Muppet Movie," enjoyed playing at the library, and treated ourselves to dinner out for once.

- Mark chose two movies at the library and he and I had an at-home movie date Saturday evening.

- Mark and Owen wore coordinating polos to church on Sunday. I found Mr. O's for $.50 at a consignment store.

 My handsome boys. 2/3 of my heart. 

- I dropped off our items at the consignment sale. The sale runs through tomorrow. By Sunday morning I should have my sales totals. My goal is $250. We will see...

- Monday Annabeth and our friends the Gomez Girls helped shoot a commercial for our local toy store Toodleydoo Toys. The girls spent an hour playing with toys while being filmed. They had a lot of fun plus it was a neat experience.

- Mark worked one night at his part time job.

- I found two BIG hair bows for baby girls while cleaning out my closet. I sent them to a grade school friend who just had her first baby.

- I took a garbage bag of clothes from Annabeth and Owen to Goodwill.

- I pre-shopped our consignment sale and came in under budget. I spent just $39. Annabeth selected two skirts and a shirt/skirt outfit from her size. She "could not" like any of the other items so I didn't have to spend much at all for her. She also chose a baby doll high chair for her Baby Zoe - just $2 and it was Disney Princess! I found Owen 4 pant/shirt outfits and 2 single shirts, and one one piece outfit. I was happy to find a Thanksgiving outfit that might fit (I hope!!) and a Christmas shirt to replace the 6 month one I had bought for Christmas that he has long since outgrown.

- Mark did the grocery shopping for Annabeth's birthday party and the next two weeks. We received $11 off next order coupons! Woohoo!!

- I received my flu shot for FREE through Mark's work. In the past, Mark has gotten it free through work and Annabeth has been free through insurance but last year I had to pay for mine. I am glad to get it for free.

- We enjoyed a pizza dinner out using a gift card. We bought the gift card from a neighbor boy who was selling them to earn money for a class trip. So it wasn't really a "free" dinner but we were glad to help out our neighbor.

Frugal Fail:
- I was not paying close enough attention when checking out at the consignment sale and I received too little change. I came out $14 short and didn't realize until I got home :(

We had a great week getting lots of work done around the house and are looking forward to celebrating Annabeth's 4th Birthday this weekend. Be sure to check back next week for lots of Birthday Fun!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"


No comments: