Friday, October 9, 2015

Frugal Friday 112

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We had great fun celebrating  at Annabeth's Deer Party. Be sure to check previous posts for all of our frugal party fun!

- The fall consignment sale wrapped up. I exceeded my goal of $250 profit. Once the check comes it will be divided into four categories: 10% for church, check to my sister-in-law for her portion of the sales, money to savings, and money to a special savings*

- I divided my leftover items into three categories. I took a tote of things to Annabeth's dance class on Tuesday morning and let other moms take whatever they wanted, all of my unsold boy items will go to Once Upon a Child to help buy the next size for Mr. O, and all of the eligible items will go to ThredUP for credit on their site.

- We let Annabeth choose all of the activities on her birthday. She chose to eat breakfast and lunch at home and just wanted to play at the park. We did enjoy a sushi dinner for her big birthday meal. I was thankful that she chose free fun and loved it just as much as some expensive outing!

Opening her birthday gifts from us.
All of them, except for her big item, were purchased with Zulily credit from referrals. 

- Tuesday I started my 30 Day Clean Out. Keep checking back for updates!

- This week's Preschool Storytime had a special visit from a firefighter. Annabeth enjoyed the stories but was afraid of the man in the fire outfit. It was a great class for littles and a good way for them to see that the firefighter behind the "scary" mask is a safe person.

- We enjoyed LOTS of time outside as we had beautiful weather this week! We were so thankful for sunshine and some warmth. We especially enjoyed playing with friends on the cul-de-sac. Thank you O'Neal Family for the invite to tag along!

- I mended one of Owen's onesies.

- I ordered 10 free cards through Shutterfly. Saved $19.90

- Our neighbor kids were having a garage sale during their fall break. We walked over and Annabeth found three small toys - including a My Little Pony - and I found a Halloween Mickey Mouse shirt for her (this was a great find because Owen has Mickey Halloween PJs and she has been envious of them) All for $1. At home, Annabeth chose three small toys to get rid of since she found three. I added $1 to Owen's piggy bank since we did not find any items for him.

We hope you have had a good week as well!!

Happy savings to all!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: