Friday, October 30, 2015

Frugal Friday 115

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I continued my 30 day clean out.

- Last Friday our Homeschool Group took a FREE trip to a farm. The kids were able to grind their own corn, feed chickens, ducks, and goats, took golf cart rides, and played on swings and in a sandbox. It was a beautiful fall day and we had so much fun!


-  Saturday we enjoyed our church's FREE Trunk or Treat celebration. 

- I donated samples of formula that we have gotten to our church food pantry.

- I received FREE feminine hygiene product samples in the mail.

- I turned in Annabeth's fall fundraiser form to dance. Thanks to purchases and donations Annabeth will have $42 of her costume fee covered. Thank you!!

- We enjoyed a FREE Halloween storytime and trick or treat at the library.

Annabeth went as Elsa to trick or treat at the library.
Thank you to Auntie Rose for the beautiful dress!
She colored her ghost blue and named him "Owen."

- Annabeth and I baked cupcakes with homemade buttercream icing for Mark's scout troop Halloween party. I love baking with Annabeth and she loves pretending to be "Pinkie Pie" from My Little Pony. She enjoyed tagging along to the scout party as well.

- While in Edinburgh for lunch, thank you to Miss Teri for treating us!, we headed to the Stride Rite outlet with $15 in savings. Annabeth does not need any shoes in her current size so we bought ahead in tennis shoes. When I went to check out, the computer showed an additional $10 savings offer!!! We were able to get the next size tennis shoes for just $16 OOP!! Woohoo!! Saved: $25

- I sold an item on a Facebook garage sale page. Since the item was Owen's, I added the money to his savings.

- I purchased paint and pumpkins for our Homeschool group Halloween party that we are hosting. I used a gift card to purchase some of the supplies and only spent $9 OOP for the pumpkins.

We had a busy but great week! We are really looking forward to our Homeschool Group Halloween party today and Halloween tomorrow!

Happy Halloween and Happy Savings to All!

No comments: