Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- We ordered Owen's toy for Christmas from Kohl's. I went through Ebates to earn 6% cash back. I purchased the toy on sale + 20% off coupon + $10 Kohl's cash + Free shipping to instore pick up. I would have saved over $15 on retail price BUT the store ran out of the item. I was refunded my money and Kohl's Cash PLUS they gave me an extra $5 gift card for the inconvinience.
- We went with my family to Goebel Farm to get our pumpkins. We have gone there every year and I now love sharing it with Mark and the kids. Annabeth and Owen painted their pumpkins on Tuesday. It was great fun!
My little pumpkin painters and their finished pumpkins.
- My Mama cut and colored my hair for me at home.
- Mark and I cut his hair at home.
- We did a mini-grocery trip and my best deals were FREE Kroger wipes with coupon and 82 diapers for $8! This made each diaper just $.09!! Saved: $12
- Wednesday we met Rose and her boys in Columbus to play at the FREE playground at the Commons. We did splurge and go to out to lunch.
- We had Luke and Cassidy over for dinner. We did a Mexican night. We provided chicken/peppers/onions, rice, and tortillas. They brought chips and queso! It was delicious, we had a great visit, and enjoyed leftovers the day.
- Thursday the kids and I stayed home and had a no-spend day. We did not use anything except for energy around the house which we are careful about consumption. When Annabeth leaves a room she says, "Lights out! I don't want our 'lectricity to run out!"
- Mark worked 3 nights at his part time job.
- My Momaw had sent up a HUGE amount of paper supplies - cards, stickers, gift tags, etc that she gets free in the mail. I organized it into my card holder and gift wrap totes and then all items I will not use I will plan to save to give out to others. I recycled any items that could not be used.
We had a busy, busy week! I am glad to see this empty weekend ahead of us on the calendar!
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"