Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- Mark worked two nights at his part time job.
- I received a FREE roll of paper towels. I was sent them to review so along with the free roll, I will also be compensated through eRewards for my review.
- I continued my 30 Day clean out.
- One day I cleaned out Annabeth's dresser. I found 9 items that one of her friends could use. We will pass them on this weekend.
- We spent Saturday getting the yard ready for winter. Mark took out quite a few shrubs as well as some bricks and rocks from around the trees. The yard looks SO much better. I cleaned the kids' water table really well and found a place to store it in the garage for winter. I don't want to crack this winter outside in the cold.
The kids playing on Annabeth's baby playmat.
We gave it to friends for their two boys and we are borrowing
it back as we currently have the littlest baby.
We love to trade things around!
- Friends dropped off four vintage Boy Scout books for Mark. He collects old scouting items and these were a great addition to his collection.
- Owen and I shopped at Kohl's for his Christmas gift for Annabeth. We found two things for him to get her and I finished out her stocking items. Combining a sale + $15 Kohl's cash we saved $43.80 and spent just $6.61 OOP.
- We went to Mark's parents on Sunday after church. They served lunch and snacks all afternoon which was wonderful! It gave us an extra meal this week from our meal plan.
- Our energy company came and put an energy saving box on our air conditioner. We should see a difference next summer as well as a $25 credit on our next bill.
- I ordered a Christmas gift from Shutterfly using a coupon code. I only had to pay shipping on the item. Saved: $24.99
- Our friend Cynthia brought over homemade empanadas - pineapple and milk filled. They were delicious! We always enjoy trying new recipes from her Mexican culture.
- I mended one of Annabeth's house slippers and one of her leotards.
- I received a payout from ThredUP. I had sent unsold items from the fall consignment sale. By selling them to ThredUP, I made an additional $7.50!
- I found baby food Buy One, Get One Free with a coupon. I added it to Owen's growing stash. (He is currently only nursing as his little belly did not do well with rice cereal or oatmeal)
- Monday the kids and I drove the 30 minutes to Once Upon a Child. They, are under a buying freeze on the sizes that I had, we only made $3.38. NOT worth the drive or time! :(
We had a busy week and another week of just me and the kids at home and Mark at work. I am so thankful for the little bits of family time that we do have.
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"