Friday, February 6, 2015

Frugal Friday 77

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:

- I realized with our ultrasound just a week away, that I still didn't have a Big Sister shirt for Annabeth. I really had wanted her to have one for pictures at the hospital ultrasound. I looked at the stores and after not finding any put a request on Facebook. Our sweet friends the O'Neal Family brought her one the next morning and we have two more coming from Annabeth's friends next week!

- I had sold a pair of Annabeth's ruffle pants to a high school friend and when she mailed her payment check she also sent two cute homemade bows for Annabeth. They have glitter hearts and are perfect for Valentine's month!

- We hosted Mark's parents and Luke and Cassidy for Superbowl. We did a pitch in and everyone brought what they wanted. Brian and Kristi brought sub sandwiches (made and sold as a fundraiser for the boy scout troop the boys all help lead) and drinks. Luke and Cassidy brought buffalo chicken dip and chips. It was amazing and I ate two helpings! We provided shrimp cocktail and chips and queso. We had a fun evening playing with Annabeth and watching a little of the game.

- I colored my hair at home and saved $5 off the price of two boxes by using coupons.

- We had new friends over for a playdate and served a simple lunch of turkey sandwiches, cheese, veggies, and fruit snacks for dessert. Due to a wide variety of food allergies, I opted not to cook a meal but rather to serve a variety of simple options where people could pick and choose.

- We did not go to the grocery this week. Since we had stocked up at Sam's a few weeks ago on milk and fruit we have been able to shop far less the past three weeks.

- Annabeth and I made the drive down to Louisville to meet my best friend's new baby Asher. While there, she sent home a GIANT tub of maternity clothing! We really timed #2 well as my friends Sarah and Rose both just had babies and I have lots to borrow! Thank you ladies!

Praise the Lord for friends who share! :)

- I took Annabeth to two FREE programs at our library: storytime and hop-and-bop.

- In the past few weeks, I have really felt like I am looking tired and worn down, no pregnancy glow here, and so as an early birthday gift to myself I joined the makeup site Ipsy. I will receive a makeup bag of samples for $10/month. It is a month by month deal so I think I will try it for a few months and see what comes in the mail and then go from there.

We had a great week that felt like it took forever! We are all looking forward to our ultrasound with #2 on Monday! Check back next week to see if we are thinking pink or blue!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference!"

No comments: