Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Groundhog Day 2015

Yesterday was Groundhog Day and the groundhog saw his shadow - 6 more weeks of winter.

We were slated to receive quite a bit of snow over the weekend, so I had planned more for Groundhog Day than I had in the past. Thankfully, all of the weather went north of us and we just had a dusting of snow Monday morning. I still kept to the fun Groundhog Day activities though.

How did we celebrate?

- We missed the live airing of Punxsutawney Phil's shadow so I found it online and showed it to Annabeth later in the morning.
- We read two library books about Groundhog Day
It's Groundhog Day by Steven Kroll
and
Geoffrey Groundhog Predicts the Weather by Bruce Koscielniak
- We also made a cute little Groundhog Day craft that I found on "The Educator's Spin On It" blog

Happy Groundhog Day!

We had a lot of fun and I think Annabeth enjoyed a little something extra to kick off our 25th week of homeschool!

No comments: