Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- Mark worked two evenings at a part time job.
- Annabeth and I were gone all last Thursday visiting friends and came home to the pipes in both bathrooms and the laundry room frozen. Mark and I tried every trick we knew to unfreeze them but eventually Friday morning I called our plumber. He went through many options over the phone and set an appointment for three hours out. Then he suggested putting a space heater in the garage and opening the door from the house to heat up the garage. Within one hour the pipes were warm enough that the water came through! I called and cancelled our appointment without charge. We have used Adam Tames of Res-Q Plumbing as our plumber at both houses and are always so pleased with his low prices and high quality of work.
- Annabeth and I ate lots of leftovers/interesting meals for lunches. We were able to use up most of our leftovers and fresh produce.
- We packed up a box of hand-me-downs and took them to friends in our neighborhood. They have three girls and also nieces so I was sure someone in their lives could use the clothes.
- Friends from Mark's work gave us a HUGE amount of hand-me-downs for Annabeth and Owen. There were two bags of clothes, a backpack, a floor mat piano, and even a blue Rody horse for Owen! Annabeth was most excited to see a tricycle! This had been on our "to buy" list for spring and we are so happy to cross it off! :) Thank you to the Fisher Family!
Annabeth and Baby Zoe doll checking out what the Fishers brought over.
She loves her new trike - and, yes, we purchased a helmet before we let
her ride. I love the Rody Horse for Mr. Owen! :)
- The Fishers were SO generous and there was much more than we needed. I sent messages out to families who might need/want some of the things and divided clothes, toys, books, and blocks out to two other families.
- Annabeth and I cleaned out her "grow into" clothing tote and found 19 items that don't fit from last summer. I entered them online and now have 80+ items tagged for the spring consignment sale!
- We registered to be a Nielsen house. We completed a two page survey and made: $5
We enjoyed a busy week of homeschool and a homeschool field trip. On very cold, snowy mornings I was extra thankful to do school in our warm schoolroom in our cozy pajamas!
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference!"