Friday, February 20, 2015

Frugal Friday 79

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:

- I used a 15% off coupon to purchase Owen's keepsake box. I was happy to find that Babies R Us still has the same one that we have for Annabeth and they had a boy version. I have already added the cards we have received for him to his box. Saved: $3.75

- We had a Valentine's Eve camp-in instead of going out to dinner or on a Valentine's excursion.

- Mark had been given 5 boxes of a muzzle loading magazine by a coworker. He has looked through a few and then they have been sitting in our hallway. This past weekend, he gave them to my dad to read and/or share with his muzzle loading club. We were more than happy to find a new home for them!

- I took a tote of clothing to Once Upon a Child to sell and to find some things for Owen. I made three check-out transactions to get every sale deal I could. Transaction One: I cashed out the sale of my clothes. To use my payment as store credit would have made me ineligible for another discount in that transaction. Transaction Two: I checked out my 10/$10 items because at their store you must buy 10 items to get the deal and it cannot be combined with another discount. Transaction Three: I drew a 21% off coupon as part of their Valentine's sale. In all, I saved an additional $15 by separating the transactions. I was able to purchase 25 items for $22 out of pocket.

- We were treated to lunch out for my birthday on Saturday by my parents and on Tuesday by my friend Tiara. Thank you all!

- We took lunch to the Ebling family and new baby Asher. We brought fruit from home and picked up lunch at Panera. I used a free birthday pastry and $1 off a drink deal. Saved: $3.99

- On the way home from the their house I was not frugal and Annabeth and I stopped for dinner at Cracker Barrel. I made an impulse purchase for Owen and it was totally worth the $7.99!!

A sheriff bib for Owen.
Perfect for the son of a Sheriff's Deputy 
and the Great-Great Grandson of a former County Sheriff.

We hope you all have had good week and have managed to stay warm in this bitter, winter cold. 

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference!"  

No comments: