Friday, February 13, 2015

Frugal Friday 78

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:

- Saturday we went to Growing Spurts $15 bag sale. I was able to find 14 items: 12 for Annabeth, 1 maternity shirt for me, and a Chicago Bears onesie for Miss Harper Stair

- We used a gift card to purchase party decorations for a shower we are hosting soon. Saved: $14

- We were shopping with Mark's mom and found a $60 3-in-one boys' coat for $3.99!! It was before our ultrasound but we snatched up the coat "just in case." Good thing!! Owen will be warm and stylish next winter! Saved: $56.99

- I cut my hair at home and saved the cost of a haircut at a salon.

- I found the PERFECT gift for two of my favorite little boys. SJ and Asher will have an awesome Easter gift coming from Zulily. I saved 50% off both items + had free shipping on one of them. Saved: $30

- We shopped for Owen after his ultrasound. Combined a gift card + coupon + store sales to save $75 off new purchases for him! I had budgeted a certain amount for a post-ultrasound shopping spree and spent less than 50% of it!

- I used up my remaining ThredUp credit on three shirts (new with tags) for Owen. I saved 51% off their retail value and paid just for the shipping after my credit was applied.

- Tuesday at gymnastics Annabeth's friend Adelaide passed on one of her Big Sister shirts as well as some other hand-me-downs. Owen also received his first present a football outfit from the Sherry family! Thank you all!

- Now that we know Owen is a boy, I sorted through all the girl clothing I had saved. I took a small bag to Goodwill and a big bag to Annabeth's friends Bella and Harper. I also sorted out 40 items to sell at Once Upon a Child to get credit to purchase a few newborn boy items in case Owen is smaller than Annabeth was.

- I entered 64 items on the consignment manager for the Here We Grow Again Indy South Spring Sale. I also boxed up clothing to save back for the fall sale.

- Mark was paid in a Starbucks gift card for shoveling snow. He generously shared it with me! :)

- Mark worked 6 hours at his part-time job.

- Thursday we drove to Columbus to enjoy the Commons Playground with friends. They were kind enough to bring Annabeth a big sister shirt and Owen a handmade Lil Bro shirt! Thank you Morphew Family!

Big Sister and Lil Bro shirts.
Annabeth and Owen are going to be so stylish!

At the TOP of the Commons Playground!
Playing with Jillian made her brave!

Lunch out with my best friend Nanners.

We had a wonderful week saving money on all the money we spent on Mr. Owen Merit!

We thank all of you who have been praying for us and especially for those who prayed for a healthy baby! He looks big and healthy so far and we are so thankful to God for his goodness!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference!"


No comments: