Saturday, January 10, 2015

Annabeth's Glitter Stars

Our art project this week for school was to make glitter stars, like the shepards and wise men saw in the Nativity Story. I decided to also make them stars of thanks. I asked Annabeth to list things she is thankful for.

Here is what she said:
AB: "Jesus. Mary and Joseph. Our Baby. My Books/My Bible. Kati, Elli, Nate"
Me: "Okay, you have one more star. What else are you thankful for?"
AB: "Nothing. That is all."
Me: "What about Mama and Daddy? Maybe we can be  on your last star."
AB: "Oh, Fine."

We were SO excited that she listed our Precious Lord first, above all else. We were also excited and thankful that she chose to willingly list our baby. We were a little sad that Mama and Daddy were an "oh fine" addition to the list.

After the paint dried, she LOVED using puffy paint just like me, I let her choose where to hang her stars. She chose an empty corner of the dining room and I think they look beautiful.






They now serve as a wonderful reminder to our family of these things we are thankful for as well as the many blessings she didn't list. To God be all the glory for our countless blessings.


No comments: