Friday, January 9, 2015

Frugal Friday 73

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Shutterfly had a deal for 101 free pictures. I combined the free photos with a gift card from Christmas and was able to get the prints plus shipping free. Saved: $23.70

- While visiting Evansville, our friends Debbie and India brought over a whole bag of hand-me-downs for Annabeth. We were able to keep a few dresses, shorts, shirts, and even a beautiful Snow White costume! The items that are too small or will be too small by spring/summer we passed on to Annabeth's friends Julia and Emilia.

- Mark and I had a date night. We did our usual "Evansville Date" sushi then a trip to Target. We enjoyed finding some good post-Christmas clearance deals for Annabeth and #2. We also purchased a gift that we will give later this month. We used a gift card to help purchase everything. Saved: $25

- After using nearly all of our return address labels during the Christmas season, I ordered new ones through Vistaprint and took advantage of a 25% off offer. Saved: $4.02

- Mark shovels snow in the winter. This week a client paid him $20.

- I found an awesome deal on a stroller (on a Facebook garage sale site) that will fit both Annabeth and #2. It was purchased new by the family and used only a handful of times. It is basically brand new and is much lighter than our single stroller. I only paid 40% of the retail price by buying used! Saved: $90!!

Testing out the front seat 

and the back seat :)

- I sold a pair of Annabeth's ruffle pants on Facebook. These were a huge splurge for me and I loved her in them! I was so happy to sell them to a high school classmate who has the cutest little girls! Made: $15

- I earned a $10 credit on ThredUp when a friend shopped through my referral link. I look forward to having that money to spend when I see something that I might like on the site.

Saved:$142.72
Extra Made: $45

We had a good, but very cold week here. I felt pretty good for a couple of days and, for the first time since October, even was able to cook and serve real dinner one night. 

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference" 

No comments: