Friday, January 30, 2015

Frugal Friday 76

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:

- Annabeth used a gift card from Christmas to purchase a Sofia the First amulet as well as dress up jewelry and shoes from Brave. She also chose a jewelry box for all of her treasures from Toys r Us. Saved: $25

- I ordered a nice, black maternity dress from ThredUp. Looking ahead to the rest of winter and spring I realized that I will need a maternity dress or skirt of some kind. I saved $34.01 off the retail price and, because I had credit, I got it absolutely FREE!

- We joined Sam's Club again thanks to a Christmas gift of a free membership ($45 value!) from Mark's parents. Thank you! We were excited to get great deals on fresh fruit, milk, and yogurt on this trip.

- I started a baby registry with Target because 6-8 weeks before #2's due date any we will receive a coupon for any unpurchased items. We hope to save on essentials with coupons from companies (such as Aveeno or Pampers) on top of this Target coupon.

- Annabeth and I rolled money from her piggy bank. We will add $14 to her savings account at the bank. A penny saved is a penny earned.

- Mark worked a six hour shift at his part time job.

- Once we ordered our new fridge, we asked around to family and friends to see who might need a newish fridge. We found someone and thankfully they have their own truck and way of picking it up! They treated us to lunch on Monday when they came to pick it up! We were so glad to find someone who needed it and for a free lunch! :)

- I made a trip to Kroger because protein drinks (it's one of the only ways I am currently getting calories/protein in) and hummus were Buy One, Get One Free. I also restocked some other items that were on sale that I had a coupon for too. I saved 34% off our total bill! Getting closer and closer to that goal of a 100% savings trip!

- Annabeth and I shopped at Target for a February baby shower. The clothing items on the registry were Buy One, Get One 50% as part of their baby sale this week. I thought it was good to shop a bit early to save that extra money.

We hope you all had a good week! Be sure to check back in on Monday for an update on #2!

Happy Savings to All!

"Buy Used and Save the Difference"

No comments: